Ideas That Prosper, Inc is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children in its care. It recognises the responsibility to promote safe practice and to protect children from harm, abuse and exploitation.
For the purposes of this policy and associated procedures a child is recognised as someone under the age of 18 years.
Staff and volunteers will work together to embrace difference and diversity and respect the rights of children and young people.
This document outlines Ideas That Prosper, Inc commitment to protecting children.
These guidelines are based on the following principles:
• The welfare of children is the primary concern.
• All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin,
socio-economic status, religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to
protection from all forms of harm and abuse.
• Child protection is everyone’s responsibility.
• Children have the right to express views on all matters which affect them, should
they wish to do so.
• Organisations shall work in partnership together with children and parents/carers
to promote the welfare, health and development of children.
Ideas That Prosper, Inc will:
• Promote the health and welfare of children by providing opportunities for them to
take part in safely.
• Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of children.
• Promote and implement appropriate procedures to safeguard the well-being of
children and protect them from abuse.
• Recruit, train, support and supervise its staff, members and volunteers to adopt
best practice to safeguard and protect children from abuse and to reduce risk to
• Require staff, members and volunteers to adopt and abide by this Child Protection
Policy and these procedures.
• Respond to any allegations of misconduct or abuse of children in line with this
Policy and these procedures as well as implementing, where appropriate, the
relevant disciplinary and appeals procedures.
• Observe guidelines issued by local Child Protection Committees for the protection
• Regularly monitor and evaluate the implementation of this Policy and these
This Policy and these Procedures will be regularly reviewed:
• In accordance with changes in legislation and guidance on the protection of
children or following any changes within Ideas That Prosper, Inc.
• Following any issues or concerns raised about the protection of children within
Ideas That Prosper, Inc.
• In all other circumstances, at least every three years.